Meat pie is a savory dish that can be enjoyed as a meal or snack. These pies can be filled with any kind of meat, vegetables, and spices, and baked until the crust is golden brown. Making a meat pie is easy and fun, and with the right recipe, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal that your family and friends will love.
- 1 pound of ground beef or any other meat of your choice
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
Also Read: How to Make Homemade Pizza: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrot to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper, and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat mixture and stir until the flour is evenly distributed.
- Add the beef broth and milk to the skillet, and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish.
- Pour the meat mixture into the pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Roll out the remaining pie crust and place it on top of the filling. Pinch the edges of the crusts together to seal the pie.
- Cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the pie for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious meat pie! You can serve it with a side of vegetables or a salad for a complete meal.